Step by Step Guide to get admission to IGNOU
IGNOU(Indira Gandhi National Open University) is one of the best distance university of India. It was established in the year 1985. IGNOU offers various undergraduate, postgraduate and many other certificate courses (programs) related to the fields of Art, Science and Commerce and many others as well.
One can now apply for admission to IGNOU online as well as offline. IGNOU has more than 200 degree, diploma, certificate and Doctoral programs. Candidate needs to apply for individual courses separately. Candidates can directly for most of the programs if they are eligible for the programs they are applying for but for some programs like B.Ed, Nursing, etc the university conducts an entrance test.
How to fill online admission form for IGNOU:
According to the official notification the last date of online registration is 30th June(expected). You can contact the nearest IGNOU Regional Centre to confirm the dates. If you want to apply online for the Admission then follow the steps mentioned below:
- If you are a first time applicant then you are advised to visit the official website of IGNOU which is www.ignou.ac.in . You should then click on the online admission link. After entering the online admission system you should select the desired programme and read all the details like eligibility criteria, fee structure, duration etc of the programme that you want to apply for.
- You must download the IGNOU common prospectus to read and know about the Rules of the University. Make sure you read sections 01, 06,07, 09, 12 and 13 of the Common prospectus carefully.
- After that you should click on the REGISTER YOURSELF button that appears in the applicant login area and then carefully fill all the details required for the registration.
- You will be asked to choose a username. Make sure you choose a username between 8 to 16 characters and it must be easy one to remember since it will be required in future as well.
- After that you choose a password and it must be alphanumeric. Make sure your password must be between 8 to 16 characters as well.
- After filling all the mandatory information required, click on SUBMIT button.
- Then IGNOU will send you your login details(Username and Password) via email and sms as well.
- Now as you are registered, you are an existing user so then you simply need to click on LOGIN button.
- Next you need to fill up the detailed form and upload your documents. Make sure you have the following documents with you at the time of filling up this form.
b. Scanned signature of the candidate (less than 100kb)
c. Scanned copy of age proof of the candidate
d. Scanned copy of relevant Educational Qualification of the candidate (less than 400kb)
e. Scanned copy of experience certificate of the candidate (if any) (less than 400kb)
f. Scanned copy of Category certificate of the candidate if candidate belongs to SC or ST or OBC (less than 400kb)
g. Scanned copy of BPL Certificate if candidate if candidate belongs to BPL category (less than 400 kb)
10. After uploading all the required documents you need to proceed to pay the fee.
The fee can be paid by any of the following:
- Credit Card (master/Visa)
- Debit card (Master/Visa/Rupay)
- Net banking
- ATM Card (PNB)
(Make sure you check all the scanned documents carefully before submitting it)
Note: Students are advised to confirm the details from IGNOU official website to make sure there is no changes made by IGNOU regarding the admission and other stuffs.