IGNOU Admission 2019 (January Session)
Indira Gandhi national Open University (IGNOU) which is one of the best and largest open university of the world which was established in the year 1985 offers 227 numerous academic programs at Bachelor, Master, MPhil and PHD levels through 67 Regional Centres spread across the country. IGNOU offers the programs in various streams like Humanities and Social Sciences, Science, Engineering, Medicine and Health Sciences, Teaching and Education, Business and Management Studies, Hospitality and Travel, IT and Software, Mass Communication and Media, Law and Arts (Fine/Visual/Performing), etc.
IGNOU has announced to its Distance education academic Programs for the January academic session.
IGNOU Admission details (January Session):
Candidates willing to take admission to UG Programs must have cleared +2 or equivalent from a recognized board. Similarly, candidates willing to get admission to Post graduate programs must have Bachelor’s degree of minimum 3 years duration from any recognized board. Also for different Diploma and other certificate programs there is different eligibility criteria.
There is no particular age bar for candidates to apply for admission to any program. The admission fees are different for the different programs.
Note: Candidates are advised to thoroughly go through the eligibility criteria as mentioned in the prospectus provided by the IGNOU for the program in which they want to secure admission.
IGNOU Admission Process:
Willing candidates can apply to the courses offered by IGNOU either offline or online. However, candidate must note that the following programmes: MSCMACS, MAEDU, DNA, PGDMCH, PGDHHM, PGDHRM, PGDGM, PGDMM, PGDOM, PGDFM, PGDFMP, BBARL, MAEDU, BPCCHN, PGDIBO to MCOM2, PGDSW to MSW2, PGDSWGS to MAWGS2, PGDCFT to MSCCFT2, PGDAE to MAAE2, PGDDE to MADE2, MP and MPB are available only in offline mode. Whereas, online admission system is valid and activated only for the Indian National candidates i.e., the foreign national students can apply in offline mode.
First of all the candidates needs to purchase Student Handbook and Prospectus from the nearest IGNOU Regional Centre by paying cash or even they can purchase Student Handbook and Prospectus by sending Demand Draft (DD) in favour of IGNOU by post. It can also be downloaded from the official website www.ignou.ac.in and submitted along with a DD of Rs.200/- addition to Programme Fee.
Click here to download the List of all Programmes offered by IGNOU
Click here to download Common Prospectus 2019 (English)
Click here to download Common Prospectus 2019 (Hindi)
Click here to download Handbook and Prospectus for MBA Program
Click here to download Handbook and Prospectus for MBA(B&F) Program 2017-18
Click here to download Handbook and Prospectus for Post Graduate Diploma Program 2019
Click here to read information brochure for Research Degree Program (PhD)MPhil) July 2018 session
IGNOU grants admission to its courses through three different methods. The methods being: Direct admission for candidates fulfilling the minimum eligibility criteria, admission on the basis of merit and admission through Entrance test.
Admission to most of the courses is granted on the basis of merit whereas admission to few of the courses is based on entrance exams.
Last date of Admission:
The last date of Admission to different Programmes offered by IGNOU has been extended to 15th of January 2018 for the January Session.
First-time candidates are advised to click on the available program tab on the homepage of the Online Admission System and select the desired program and carefully read the details of program including eligibility criteria, fee structure, duration of the program, etc.
2. Candidates are requested to download the latest Common Prospectus and read carefully the rules of the University (Section 6). You may also read the section 1, 7, 8, 9, 12 and 13.
3. Then you should click on the “REGISTER YOURSELF” button that appears in the applicant login area and fill the registration details.
4. Make sure you choose your Username between 8 to 16 characters and your password must be alphanumeric and between 8 to 16 characters long.
5. After filling all the mandatory information click the “SUBMIT” button.
6. Your Username will be instantly sent to you via e-mail and SMS.
7. Now if you have already registered i.e., you are an existing user then click on the “LOGIN” button.
8. Next you need to upload the following documents:
· Recent passport photograph (less than 100 KB)
· Scanned signature (less than 100 KB)
· Age proof certificate
· Relevant educational qualification certificates (less than 100 KB)
· Experience Certificate (if any) (less than 100 KB)
· Category Certificate in case of SC/ST/OBC (less than 100 KB)
· BPL Certificate, if below poverty line (less than 100 KB)
9. Fee can be paid by the following methods:
· Credit Card (Master/Visa)
· Debit card (Master/Visa/Rupay)
· Net banking
· ATM card (PNB)
10. It is suggested to save and print the form that you filled for future references.
Note: Furnishing of incorrect information/suppression of information would lead to rejection of application form as per IGNOU Rules.